33 things I've learned in 33 years...
I'm a little older today, and I'm proud of who I am. Here are a few things that I've learned over the years that have helped me get here!
1. My parent's have become a priority- You spend so much of your youth trying to grow up and and get out, for a little bit you forget that they are why you are. Theres no one like them, I'll never love anyone more. The older I get the more I need them, and the more they need me and I love it!
2. Protect your family with all of your heart, I love my boys so much!
3. Who ever said the best things in life are free has obviously never had a fertility issue.
4. Give your self time to grieve. There are things that need to be dealt with, don't beat your self up for taking the time to mourn a loss.
5. When one door closes another door truly does open, it just might not be immediately.
6. Love yourself. I have never been more comfortable in my body and more confident in my mind then I am right now.
7. Don't stress about getting older. Life is beautiful, enjoy every day.
8. Let go of grudges. This is something thats taken me some time, but I know they only affect me.
9. Fake it until you make it, act confident and no one will question you.
10. Support each other, there's enough success to go around.
11. Music is life, just wait for the beat to drop.
12. Spend money on experiences and not things.
13. Accept change, it's not always easy, but it's usually necessary.
14. My opinion is not the only opinion.
15. There is no correct way to raise a baby, but I'm pretty good at it.
16. Be a good friend and your friends will cherish you as much as you do them.
17. Say how you feel, when you feel it. Holding your feelings in, good or bad, is never good for your soul.
18. Don't let anyone rain on your parade, if they aren't happy for you then it's time to move on.
19. Don't be afraid to say I'm sorry, when you mean it.
20. Not everyone is going to like me. I don't know why, but it's ok.
22. Go to the gym, take care of your body and put down the cookie. That literally took me 32.5 years to learn, and I'm down 20 pounds!
23. It's better to have a few great friends then a bunch of shit heads.
25. Do what you love, even if everyone thinks your crazy.
26. Be grateful everyday.
27. You get what you deserve.
28. You are a reflection of the people you surround your self with, so make sure you love them all!
29. Trust your instincts, you know whats best for you.
30. Honesty is important, and even tiny lies will come back to get you. I've learned this the hard way.
31. Only lend what you can afford to lose.
32. Make your own rules, this is your journey, live it the way you want.
And finally 33. Love is enough, it always has been.
Happy Birthday to me!